The blog is baaaaaaack!
And what better way to kick it back off than with this amazing cranberry brownie.
This is seriously SO easy to make. Its a simple blend and press job that takes 10 mins to throw together and 1 hour in the freezer to set.
Not only that, its jam packed with antioxidants, magnesium, iron, calcium, selenium, vitamin C, and heart healthy monounsaturated fats to maximise vitamin absorption.
It really is the perfect sweet treat to keep in the freezer.
* 2 cups dates
* 1 1/2 cups brazil nuts
* 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
* 1 cup desiccated coconut
* 1 avocado
* 3/4 cup cacao powder
* 3 tbs coconut sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Blend brazil nuts and dates om a food processor until you have a couscous like texture, then add coconut, sugar, cacao powder and salt and blend again until smooth.
2. Add avocado and vanilla and blend on low until combined. (I like mine to still have a bit of crunch from the nuts so its up to you how long you blitz it for).
3. Transfer to a medium sized bowl, and finally add the dried cranberry's and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Alternately you can blend the mixture with the cranberry's in your food processor - but again, I like my berries chunky.
4. Press the mixture into a lined tray and sprinkle with additional desiccated coconut. Place in the freezer for one hour to set, then slice and serve.
* Keep this slice in the freezer for a firm, cold, chewy texture (my fave). It will also store in the fridge for over a week for a fudgier option.
* If you're planning to take the slice out and about (work snacks etc), you can also add 4 tablespoons coconut oil in the avocado step which will help to keep it solid.
* Coconut sugar has been added for some extra sweetness. You can make it without it, however it is only modestly sweet which is a great option for kids lunchboxes.
* For a nut-free option, you can replace the brazil nuts with sunflower seeds.
Peace, love and cupcakes,