Anyone up for a trip down memory lane? These chocolate coated, marshmallow and jam cookies are a childhood favourite. These wagon wheels are dairy free and gluten free making them the perfect biccie for those with a food intolerance :)
3/4 cup rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tbs cocoa powder
3 tbs coconut sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
pinch sea salt
2 tbs water or more if needed
1 1/2 fresh or frozen raspberries
2 tbs chia seeds
2 tbs maple syrup
coconut cream from 1 can coconut milk chilled overnight
1 tbs maple syrup
150g dairy free dark chocolate
2 tbs coconut oil
1. For the cookies, combine the rice flour, baking powder, baking soda and cacao powder in a bowl. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the coconut sugar, maple syrup, almond butter, vanilla and sea salt.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and add water until well combined.
4. Put the dough in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 175.
6. Once the dough is slightly firm, form little balls with your hand and place them on a lined baking sheet. Wet your fingers with a little bit of water and press them down until you have a disc shape.
7. The cookies can be close to each other on the tray as they will not raise a whole lot.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes and allow to cool.
9. For the jam, in a small pan, heat all the ingredients over medium heat for 5 minutes and let cool for a further 5 mins.
10. For the coconut cream, whip the upper part of the coconut milk with the maple syrup and put into a piping bag.
11. Layer the cookies and make a cookie dough sandwich with 2 cookies, coconut cream and raspberry jam layer.
12. Freeze the cookie sandwiches for at least 2 hours.
13. In a medium sized bowl over low heat, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil and coat the cookie sandwiches.