Nutella Protein Balls
I really shouldn't brag about my balls ;) ... But i will!
Chocolate and hazelnut are a match made in heaven, I don't know about you, but Nutella never lasts long in our house. In fact, at one point my husband, brother in law and I each had our own labeled jar of Nutella in the pantry (addicts, clearly!)
Here is a guilt-free solution to kicking those cravings to the curb...
300 g toasted hazelnuts
3 tablespoons raw cacao
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 cups dates
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Gently roast hazelnuts (This brings out a much better flavor) - preheat oven to 180 degrees.
In a single layer of a baking pan, gently roast for 10-15 mins, or until lightly colored and skins are blistered.
2. Cool slightly and wrap in a clean tea towel.
3. Rub gently to remove skins (it doesn't have to be perfect!)
4. Toss into a food processor and process until it becomes almost like a paste.
5. Add pitted dates, cacao, vanilla and coconut and a pinch of pink salt.
6. Process until smooth.
7. Get your hands dirty and start rolling! Roll into balls and store in refrigerator. (Tip: Wet hands will prevent the mixture from sticking)
8. Enjoy on your own so you don't have to share ;)
Peace, love and cupcakes,